Beaufort High and May River advanced in the high school girls tennis playoffs, while Bluffton was eliminated in the opening round Wednesday.
In Class 4A, Beaufort (6-4) swept North Augusta 6-0 and will travel to Hartsville for a second-round match on Monday. Bluffton (7-5) fell 5-1 to Dreher.
Region 7-4A champion Hilton Head High earned a first-round bye and will host a second-round match Monday.
In Class 3A, May River defeated Cheraw 5-1 on Wednesday and will host a second-round match Monday.
Beaufort 6, North Augusta 0
1. McKenzie Daniel def. Anna Mercier 6-0 6-0
2. Cypress Daniel def. Lee Ann Deal 6-0 6-0
3. Elizabeth Holloway def. Emma Shiver 7-5 6-0
4. Lucy Aydelette def. Aialhegh Feugin 6-1 6-4
5. Sophie McMullen def. Melina Bush 6-3 6-0
2. Grace Trask/Jayne Trumps def. Mary Logan/Cassidy Blackman 6-3 6-0
Dreher 5, Bluffton 1
1. Rachel Riley (B) def. Grace Stricklin 6-1, 6-1
2. Isabel Montague (D) def. Lydia John 6-2, 6-4
3. Canaan Michel (D) def. Anastaysia Anstyferova 3-6, 7-6, 10-8
4. Gayle Boyd (D) def. Rachael Richardson 6-3,4-6, 10-6
5. Alexis Cole (D) def. Olivia Boshaw 6-2, 6-1
2. Tymic Boles/Evic Dillard (D) def. Natalie Rizzo/Erin Brandt 6-0, 6-0
All content at LowcoSports.com is free because Lowcountry sports fans deserve great sports coverage, but it takes a lot of time and effort to provide comprehensive local sports news. If you love what we're doing and want to help keep this content available to Lowcountry sports fans at no charge, please consider making a one-time donation or becoming a Patreon patron with a recurring contribution. Think of it as an optional subscription fee.