It should come as no surprise to anyone who has been paying attention throughout the season that area high school football players put up another round of outstanding statistics Friday night.
With playoff spots and region titles on the line, the Lowco’s gridiron stars were shining brightly in Week 9, and we have the RBC Heritage Player of the Week nominees to prove it. The numbers speak for themselves, and these dudes are going big as the regular season winds down.
Voting closes and 5 p.m. Thursday, so cast your ballot and spread the word. The nominees are:
• BA QB Dawson Coleman: 7-for-9 passing, 171 yards, 3 TDs, 2-point conversion in 74-34 win over Palmetto Christian
• BA RB De’Shaun Epps: 277 yards and 6 TDs on 11 carries, 80-yard TD reception in 74-34 win over Palmetto Christian
• HHCA QB/DB Daniel Harrington: 12-of-18 passing, 221 yards, 3 TDs; 72 yards, TD on 19 carries in 31-20 win over John Paul II
• HHP RB Hunter Hopman: 172 yards, TD on 17 carries; 8 catches for 120 yards, 2 TDs in 44-27 win over Northwood Academy
• BLHS QB Lee Kirkland: 17-for-28 passing, 275 yards, 2 TDs in 34-31 win at Colleton County
• THA QB Jake Masters: 2-for-6 passing, 46 yards, 2 TDs, INT; 131 yards, TD on 11 carries in 49-6 win over Dorchester Academy
• HHP QB Stone McDonald: 22-for-25 passing, 263 yards, 3 TDs, 3 INTs; 110 yards, 1 TD on eight carries in 44-27 win over Northwood Academy
• MRHS RB Brandon Morales: 169 yards, 2 TDs on 13 carries in 49-7 win over Battery Creek
• THA RB River Pender: 226 yards on 20 carries in 49-6 win over Dorchester Academy
• BHS WR Reed Reichel: 8 catches, 118 yards, 3 TDs in 33-18 win over Hilton Head High
• BLHS WR Shamar Sandgren: 5 catches for 112 yards, 2 TDs in 34-31 win at Colleton County
• BHS QB/DB Jeffrey Smyth: 8-of-10 passing, 111 yards, 2 TDs; 138 yards, TD on six carries; 3 tackles, INT in 33-18 win over Hilton Head High
Voting closes at 5 p.m. ET on Thursday, Oct. 25
All content at LowcoSports.com is free because Lowcountry sports fans deserve great sports coverage, but it takes a lot of time and effort to provide comprehensive local sports news. If you love what we're doing and want to help keep this content available to Lowcountry sports fans at no charge, please consider making a one-time donation or becoming a Patreon patron with a recurring contribution. Think of it as an optional subscription fee.