Another week of high school football is in the books, and y’all, did the Lowcountry ever turn out some incredible performances in Week 5.
It was a struggle to cut the list of nominees down to 10, as a 150-yard receiver, two 100-yard rushers, and a number of defensive standouts failed to make the cut through no fault of their own.
We had an epic defensive struggle at May River High School, where the Sharks had a pass broken up in the end zone on fourth down as Beaufort High escaped with a 9-7 win. And we had a classic Bridge Bowl in which Bluffton edged Hilton Head Island High School 37-34 in double overtime, producing an embarrassment of riches when it comes to offensive stars.
But we can only pick 10 … and you can only pick one. Voting closes at 5 p.m. Wednesday, so spread the word.
• Trey Boothe, BCHS: 81 rushing yards, 3 TDs in 23-0 win vs. Whale Branch
• Hunter Brophy, MRHS: 11 tackles, 1 tackle for loss in 9-7 loss vs. Beaufort High
• Kagel Coke, BHS: INT-TD, 7 tackles, 1 tackle for loss, pass break-up in end zone to clinch 9-7 win at May River
• Dawson Coleman, BA: 5-for-8 passing, 112 yards, 2 TDs; 81 rushing yards, 2 TDs in 52-26 win at Northside Christian
• Zack Doe, JP2: 141 rushing yards, 2 TDs in 50-27 loss at Dorchester Academy
• Hunter Eldridge, BLHS: 20-for-32 passing, 391 yards, 4 TDs in 37-34 2OT win at HHIHS
• Daniel Harrington, HHCA: 13-for-22 passing, 192 yards, 3 TDs; 108 rushing yards, TD in 28-14 win at Colleton Prep
• Stone McDonald, HHP: 23-for-37 passing, 227 yards, TD; 81 rushing yards, 2 TDs in 29-14 win at Palmetto Christian
• Jermaine Patterson, BLHS: 5 receptions, 158 yards, 2 TDs in 37-34 2OT win at HHIHS
• Sterling White, HHIHS: 7 receptions, 130 yards; 80 rushing yards, TD in 37-34 2OT loss vs. Bluffton
All content at LowcoSports.com is free because Lowcountry sports fans deserve great sports coverage, but it takes a lot of time and effort to provide comprehensive local sports news. If you love what we're doing and want to help keep this content available to Lowcountry sports fans at no charge, please consider making a one-time donation or becoming a Patreon patron with a recurring contribution. Think of it as an optional subscription fee.