We had a full slate of games this week, with all 12 area high school football teams in action, and that means we have a full plate of candidates for the LowcoSports High School Football Player of the Week.
If you voted a couple hundred times last week, you’ll notice one minor change this week – you *should* only be able to vote once. If you can find a way around that, you’re far smarter than I am, not that the bar is set that high.
As usual, we (I) reserve the right to pick the ultimate Player of the Week winner, but you are in control of who wins the fan vote. Voting closes at 5 p.m. Tuesday. The nominees are …
• Hunter Eldridge, BLHS: Went 13-for-20 for 266 yards and 4 TDs in a 24-16 win over May River
• DeShawn Epps, BA: Rushed for 215 yards and 2 TDs in a 46-28 loss at Clarendon Hall in his BA debut
• Ahmad Green, MRHS: Rushed for 164 yards and 2 TDs in 24-16 loss to Bluffton
• Daniel Harrington, HHCA: Went 6-for-13 for 135 yards and 2 TDs passing and rushed for 121 yards and 3 TDs in 48-8 win over First Presbyterian
• Lance Jackson, HHIHS: Returned an interception for a TD and caught a TD pass in 22-21 win at Whale Branch
• Stone McDonald, HHP: Went 13-for-29 for 149 yards and a TD passing and rushed for 99 yards in 47-29 loss to Thomas Heyward
• Irvin Mulligan, WBECHS: Rushed for 123 yards and 2 TDs in 22-21 loss to Hilton Head Island
• Derald Nelson, RHHS: Went 10-for-19 for 345 yards and 3 TDs in 47-0 win over Estill
• JR Patterson, THA: Rushed for 176 yards and 3 TDs and recorded 4 tackles and 6 pass break-ups in 46-29 win over Hilton Head Prep
• Jeffrey Smyth, BHS: Went 8-for-12 for 190 yards and rushed for 123 yards and a TD on offense and recorded 2 tackles and 2 pass break-ups on defense in a 48-13 win over Battery Creek
All content at LowcoSports.com is free because Lowcountry sports fans deserve great sports coverage, but it takes a lot of time and effort to provide comprehensive local sports news. If you love what we're doing and want to help keep this content available to Lowcountry sports fans at no charge, please consider making a one-time donation or becoming a Patreon patron with a recurring contribution. Think of it as an optional subscription fee.