The first full week of the high school basketball season is in the books, and we saw some standout performances from the usual suspects, as well as a couple names you might not expect.
One of the five nominees below will be named the first RBC Heritage Boys Basketball Player of the Week, based on voting by a four-person panel of sports journalists and the votes from you — the fan. Each panelist will cast a vote, and the winner of the fan vote will earn the fifth vote. In the event of a tie, the tied player who gained the largest percentage of the fan vote will be crowned the RBC Heritage Player of the Week.
The nominees are:
• Devin Butler, RHHS: 19.5 points, 8.0 rebounds in two games (2-0)
• Harry Cash, MRHS: 21.0 points in two games (2-0)
• Gaston Moore, HHIHS: 13.7 points, 7.3 rebounds, 2.7 assists in three games (1-2)
• Jaylen Reeves, BA: 27.5 points, 5.5 assists, 5.0 rebounds, 4.5 steals in two games (1-1)
• Jamaad Rivers, BHS: 15.5 points, 2.0 steals in two games (1-1)
Voting closes at 3 p.m. ET on Tuesday, Dec. 4
All content at LowcoSports.com is free because Lowcountry sports fans deserve great sports coverage, but it takes a lot of time and effort to provide comprehensive local sports news. If you love what we're doing and want to help keep this content available to Lowcountry sports fans at no charge, please consider making a one-time donation or becoming a Patreon patron with a recurring contribution. Think of it as an optional subscription fee.