The first full week of the high school basketball season is in the books, and we saw some big-time performances from the stars we expected big things from entering the season.
One of the five nominees below will be named the first RBC Heritage Girls Basketball Player of the Week, based on voting by a four-person panel of sports journalists and the votes from you — the fan. Each panelist will cast a vote, and the winner of the fan vote will earn the fifth vote. In the event of a tie, the tied player who gained the largest percentage of the fan vote will be crowned the RBC Heritage Player of the Week.
The nominees are:
• Tkai DeVore, JPII: 20.0 points, 12.5 rebounds, 3.0 assists, 2.5 steals in two games (2-0)
• Jossie Frazier, HHCA: 11.0 points, 7.0 rebounds, 3.7 assists, scored 1,000th career point in three games (1-2)
• Samari Mitchell, BLHS: 14.0 points, 8.0 rebounds, 3.0 steals, 2.0 assists in two games (1-1)
• Chynna Sneed, MRHS: 11.5 points, 12.0 rebounds in two games (2-0)
• Marlaysia Westbrook, RHHS: 25.0 points, 13.0 rebounds, 2.0 steals in one game (1-0)
Voting closes at 3 p.m. on Tuesday, Dec. 4
All content at LowcoSports.com is free because Lowcountry sports fans deserve great sports coverage, but it takes a lot of time and effort to provide comprehensive local sports news. If you love what we're doing and want to help keep this content available to Lowcountry sports fans at no charge, please consider making a one-time donation or becoming a Patreon patron with a recurring contribution. Think of it as an optional subscription fee.