The nominees for the RBC Heritage Player of the Week for Week 3 put up some big numbers, but they had a lot of help along the way. We also need to give some props to the guys who don’t always share in the spotlight.
You won’t find many offensive stars here, unless they’re playing both ways. Instead, this space is devoted to the road graders on the offensive line, the run-stuffers and shutdown DBs on defense, and the special teams standouts.
We call them the Unsung Heroes, and here they are for Week 3 of the high school football season.
- JPII RB/LB Freddie Aiken: 11 tackles, 2 TFL; 56 rushing yards in 27-27 forfeit win over St. Andrew’s
- BLHS DL Xavier Dykstra: 6 tackles, 3 TFL, sack in 35-12 win over Ridgeland-Hardeeville
- MRHS LB Kaleb Foulk: 21 tackles, TFL in 27-7 win over Whale Branch
- BHS LB Will Kelley: 12 tackles, PBU in 21-13 win over Effingham County
- BA DL Elijah Fess: 6 tackles, 4.5 sacks, TFL in 58-0 win over Laurens Academy
- RHHS LB Michael Murray: 15 tackles in 35-12 loss to Bluffton
- THA RB River Pender: 10-101, TD; 11 tackles in 23-14 win over Colleton Prep
- MRHS DE T.J. Polite-Grant: 10 tackles, 4 TFL, sack in 27-7 win over Whale Branch
- HHIHS LB Eli Thompson: 14 tackles, TFL, sack in 27-6 win over Battery Creek
- THA LB Bryce Tillotson: 15 tackles in 23-14 win over Colleton Prep
- BA WR/DB/K Will Tumlin: 80 receiving yards, TD; 2-point rush; 4-4 PAT; 4 tackles, PBU in 58-0 win over Laurens Academy
- THA OLs Evan Brazil, Therion Cannon, Michael Bacon, John Hewlett, Dalton Hayes: Paved the way for three 100-yard rushers in 23-14 win over Colleton Prep
All content at LowcoSports.com is free because Lowcountry sports fans deserve great sports coverage, but it takes a lot of time and effort to provide comprehensive local sports news. If you love what we're doing and want to help keep this content available to Lowcountry sports fans at no charge, please consider making a one-time donation or becoming a Patreon patron with a recurring contribution. Think of it as an optional subscription fee.