The impressive performances kept coming in Week 3, making for another star-studded ballot for the RBC Heritage Player of the Week.
The voting panel of myself, fellow former Island Packet/Beaufort Gazette sports editor Mike McCombs, WJCL sports director Frank Sulkowski, and WSAV sports director Greg Talbott have our work cut out for us to pick just one. You, the readers, will provide the fifth and final vote (which also serves as the tiebreaker, if needed), so cast your ballot and share with others.
The nominees are:
• BHS RB James Dagin: 101 rushing yards, TD on 21 carries in 21-13 win over Effingham County
• BA RB De’Shaun Epps: 83 yards, 3 TDs on five carries; 70-yard punt return TD in 58-0 win over Laurens Academy
• JPII RB/LB Melik Frost: 97 yards, 4 TDs on 16 carries; 8 tackles, 3 TFL, sack in 27-27 forfeit win over St. Andrew’s
• MRHS QB Ahmad Green: 9-15 passing, 189 yards, 4 TDs; 61 yards on 10 carries in 27-7 win over Whale Branch
• HHIHS QB Gaston Moore: 17-27, 371 yards, 3 TDs, 1 INT in 27-6 win over Battery Creek
• MRHS RB Brandon Morales: 143 yards on 27 carries, 58-yard TD reception in 27-7 win over Whale Branch
• THA RB JR Patterson: 111 yards, TD on 14 carries in 23-14 win over Colleton Prep
• THA RB Trey Pusha: 141 yards, TD on 12 carries, 12 tackles in 23-14 win over Colleton Prep
• HHIHS WR Diante Richard: 146 yards on four receptions in 27-6 win over Battery Creek
• BHS QB Jeffrey Smyth: 10-18 passing, 144 yards; 88 yards, TD on 14 carries in 21-13 win over Effingham County
• BLHS RB John Swinton: 95 yards, TD on 16 carries in 35-12 win over Ridgeland-Hardeeville
• BLHS WR Rakim White: 103 yards, TD on two receptions in 35-12 win over Ridgeland-Hardeeville
Voting closes Sept. 5 at 4 p.m. ET
All content at LowcoSports.com is free because Lowcountry sports fans deserve great sports coverage, but it takes a lot of time and effort to provide comprehensive local sports news. If you love what we're doing and want to help keep this content available to Lowcountry sports fans at no charge, please consider making a one-time donation or becoming a Patreon patron with a recurring contribution. Think of it as an optional subscription fee.