For the last time in the regular season – and perhaps the last time with a full 10-player ballot – it’s time to select the RBC Heritage High School Football Player of the Week.
With playoff seeding – or in some cases playoff berths – on the line in the final week of the regular season, we knew there would be some big-time performances, and the Lowco’s stars of Friday night did not disappoint.
This week’s ballot includes six players who accounted for at least three touchdowns, seven who compiled at least 100 yards from scrimmage, and two defensive standouts.
Many deserving candidates, so pick one and cast your vote, then share away. Voting will remain open until noon Thursday. The nominees are:
• Cam Adams, MRHS: 164 scrimmage yards, 4 TDs in 41-34 loss to Wade Hampton
• Reid Daughtry, BHS: 8 tackles, 2.5 sacks, forced fumble in 41-7 win at HHIHS
• De’Shaun Epps, BA: 451 rush yards, 5 TDs in 76-50 win over Cathedral
• Daniel Harrington, HHCA: 96 pass yards, 3 TDs; 121 rush yards, 2 TDs in 51-12 win over HHP
• Hunter Hopman, HHP: 113 scrimmage yards, TD in 51-12 loss to HHCA
• I’Kiem Jefferson, BLHS: 128 scrimmage yards, 3 TDs in 50-22 win at RHHS
• Kyleik Middleton, BHS: 203 rush yards, 4 TDs in 41-7 win at HHIHS
• Irvin Mulligan, WBECHS: 112 rush yards, 3 TDs in 42-6 win at Burke
• JR Patterson, THA: 207 rush yards, 2 TDs in 29-14 win at Colleton Prep
• Kylan Simmons, BLHS: 14 tackles, TFL, rush TD in 50-22 win at RHHS