Hilton Head High girls tennis wrapped up its regular season with a 6-0 sweep of Colleton County on Thursday, securing a runner-up finish in the Region 7-4A standings.
The Seahawks dropped only two games in five singles matches and won the doubles contest by forfeit.
HHIHS (13-4, 10-2) will be the No. 2 seed from Region 7-4A in the SCHSL Class 4A playoffs and open at home Thursday against the No. 4 seed from Region 5-4A.
HHIHS 6, CCHS 0
1. Emily Ruckno def. Rush Blackshear 6-0, 6-0
2. Hailey Poplin def. Kaitlyn Dubois 6-0, 6-0
3. Alyssa Ruckno def. Mackenzie Pellum 6-0, 6-1
4. Jessica Staigar def. Brianna Banks 6-0, 6-0
5. Belle Luther def. Savannah Thurston 6-0, 6-1
2. HHIHS won by forfeit
Local sports content that is not sponsored is now available only to LowcoSports.com’s Patreon supporters. Pledge your monthly support here for as little as $1 per month to ensure you have access to all of our grassroots LOCAL sports coverage!