Beaufort High avenged an earlier loss and secured the Region 7-4A title with a 4-2 win at Hilton Head High on Monday.
Griffin Stone and Tucker Martin both won critical tiebreakers to help the Eagles take three of the five singles courts, and Bodie Daniel and Casey Hoogenboom teamed up to win at No. 2 doubles.
The previous meeting resulted in a 4-3 Hilton Head victory, so the Eagles earned the top seed in the Class 4A playoffs by virtue of winning more courts in the two head-to-head meetings.
Beaufort (7-2, 5-1) hosts Corbin (Ky.) on Tuesday. HHIHS (5-4, 4-1) plays at May River on Tuesday.
1. Conrad Alford (HHIHS) def. Thomas Gnann 6-3, 6-1
2. Griffin Stone (BHS) def. Alex Ruckno 7-5, 7-6 (5)
3. Brent Geist (HHIHS) def. Diego Ladino 6-2, 7-5
4. Tucker Martin (BHS) def. Mario Magnan 6-4, 3-6, 10-7
5. Mitchell Russell (BHS) def. Moses Grant 6-3, 6-4
2. Bodie Daniel/Casey Hoogenboom (BHS) def. Shane Mason/Logan Krinney 6-0, 6-2
All content at LowcoSports.com is free because Lowcountry sports fans deserve great sports coverage, but it takes a lot of time and effort to provide comprehensive local sports news. If you love what we're doing and want to help keep this content available to Lowcountry sports fans at no charge, please consider making a one-time donation or becoming a Patreon patron with a recurring contribution. Think of it as an optional subscription fee.