Voting for the RBC Heritage Player of the Week for Week 6 is still open, but in the meantime let’s shed some light on the guys who worked behind the scenes Friday night.
This space is devoted to the road graders on the offensive line, the run-stuffers and shutdown DBs on defense, and the special teams standouts. In other words, the guys who don’t have the shiny statistics that attract the spotlight.
We call them the Unsung Heroes, and here they are for Week 6 of the high school football season.
• MRHS LB Jordan Barrow — 10 tackles, 2 TFL, fumble recovery
• JPII WR/DB Rashad Battiste — 62-yard TD reception; 6 tackles; blocked PAT
• WBECHS DL Jaheim Fripp — 3 tackles, forced fumble, fumble recovery
• THA LB Joseph Gibson — 7 tackles, 3 TFL, sack
• MRHS DL Roderick Grant — 6 tackles, 3 TFL
• HHCA LB Max Lowrey — 16 tackles, TFL, forced fumble, QB hurry
• BA RB/LB Edward McCormick — 14 tackles, 1.5 TFL, 1.5 sacks; 70 yards, TD on six carries
• BLHS DL Ronald Reid — 12 tackles, TFL
• JPII DB Adrian Skipper — 12 tackles, TFL, sack
• THA LB Bryce Tillotson — 12 tackles, TFL
All content at LowcoSports.com is free because Lowcountry sports fans deserve great sports coverage, but it takes a lot of time and effort to provide comprehensive local sports news. If you love what we're doing and want to help keep this content available to Lowcountry sports fans at no charge, please consider making a one-time donation or becoming a Patreon patron with a recurring contribution. Think of it as an optional subscription fee.