The standard to be nominated for RBC Heritage Player of the Week honors has been ridiculous this season.
Even with several local teams taking it on the chin in Week 6, it was a challenge to narrow down the list to the top 12 performances of the week. We have a strong mix of offensive stars, defensive standouts, and several players whose value lies in their incredible versatility.
The fan vote has come into play in determining the winner each of the past two weeks. Will it happen again? You better vote just in case. Voting closes at 5 p.m. ET on Thursday, Oct. 4.
The nominees are:
• JPII RB Zach Doe — 175 rushing yards, TD, on 22 carries; 2 receptions for 13 yards in 28-27 win over Orangeburg Prep
• MRHS LB Ridge Dowe — 10 tackles, TFL, fumble recovery, punt block TD in 50-0 win over Lake Marion
• BA RB/DB De’Shauan Epps — 372 yards, 6 TDs on 25 carries; 2 INTs in 71-42 win over St. John’s Christian
• JPII RB/LB Melik Frost — 87 rushing yards on 11 carries, 9 tackles in 28-27 win over Orangeburg Prep
• MRHS QB Ahmad Green — 5-for-5 passing for 94 yards, TD; 18-yard TD run in 50-0 win over Lake Marion
• HHCA RB/DB Daniel Harrington — 2 receptions for 27 yards, TD; rush TD; 85-yard KR-TD; 6 tackles in 56-9 win over Northwood Academy
• BHS WR Harrison Hines — 3 receptions for 120 yards, 2 TDs in 57-20 loss to Valdosta (Ga.)
• HHP RB Hunter Hopman — 10 receptions for 101 yards, 3 TDs in 50-28 loss to Carolina Academy
• THA RB JR Patterson — 156 yards, 2 TDs on four carries in 42-0 win over Northside Christian
• HHCA WR/K JP Peduzzi — 4 receptions for 116 yards, 2 TD; 5-for-5 PATs in 56-9 win over Northwood Academy
• HHCA QB Hayden Shinn — 9-for-12 passing for 244 yards, 4 TDs in 56-9 win over Northwood Academy
• BCHS RB/LB Gabriel Singleton — 11 tackles, 2 TFL; 27 rushing yards, TD on seven carries in 26-15 loss to Creekside Christian
Voting closes at 5 p.m. ET, on Thursday, Oct. 4
All content at LowcoSports.com is free because Lowcountry sports fans deserve great sports coverage, but it takes a lot of time and effort to provide comprehensive local sports news. If you love what we're doing and want to help keep this content available to Lowcountry sports fans at no charge, please consider making a one-time donation or becoming a Patreon patron with a recurring contribution. Think of it as an optional subscription fee.