We’ve crowned the RBC Heritage Player of the Week for Week 4, but now it’s time to show some love to the guys who did the dirty work.
This space is devoted to the road graders on the offensive line, the run-stuffers and shutdown DBs on defense, and the special teams standouts. In other words, the guys who don’t have the shiny statistics that attract the spotlight.
We call them the Unsung Heroes, and here they are for Week 4 of the high school football season:
• JPII RB/LB Freddie Aiken: 12 tackles, TFL, fumble recovery; 36 yards, TD on seven carries in 35-20 win over Carolina Academy
• HHCA DL Dargan Cherry: 12 tackles, sack, PBU in 33-14 win over Bethesda Academy
• WB OL Jamari Evans: Graded 88 percent in first game since move to center in 37-26 win over Ridgeland-Hardeeville
• MRHS LB Kaleb Foulke: 15 tackles, TFL, sack in 55-11 win over Hilton Head High
• BA OL Justin Fripp: Graded 80 percent to anchor line that paved way for 456 rushing yards in 68-28 win over Richard Winn Academy
• THA LB Josh Gobel: 11 tackles, 3 sacks in 62-6 win over Hilton Head Prep
• BA RB/LB Edward McCormick: 41 rushing yards on five carries; 2 receptions, 25 yards, 2 TDs; 12 tackles, 3 TFL, 2 sacks in 68-28 win over Richard Winn Academy
• BLHS SS Ely’Jiah Mitchell: 9 tackles, TFL, sack in 16-14 win over Hanahan
• JPII DB Adrian Skipper: 11 tackles, TFL, fumble recovery; 3 punts, 43.0 average in 35-20 win over Carolina Academy
All content at LowcoSports.com is free because Lowcountry sports fans deserve great sports coverage, but it takes a lot of time and effort to provide comprehensive local sports news. If you love what we're doing and want to help keep this content available to Lowcountry sports fans at no charge, please consider making a one-time donation or becoming a Patreon patron with a recurring contribution. Think of it as an optional subscription fee.