Seven players who accounted for at least three touchdowns. Four 100-yard rushers. Two 100-yard receivers and another who caught a school-record 89-yard touchdown pass.
Those are just a few of the highlights of a star-studded ballot for the Week 6 RBC Heritage High School Football Player of the Week.
Three area teams hung half-a-hundred on the scoreboard, which means we had some seriously impressive offensive stats to consider, and with unreal QB-WR duos accounting for much of the offensive outburst for two of those teams, we were compelled to double up on nominees from Bluffton and Hilton Head High.
The voting should be intense, and it closes at 5 p.m. Wednesday, so cast your vote and spread the word.
The nominees are …
• Hunter Eldridge, BLHS: 12-for-21, 231 yards, 5 TDs in 51-22 win over Whale Branch
• De’Shaun Epps, BA: 293 rushing yards, 4 TDs; 72 receiving yards, 2 TDs in a 55-18 win over Calhoun Academy
• Jordan Gwyn, BCHS: 100 rushing yards, 3 TDs in 29-22 OT win over Calhoun County
• Daniel Harrington, HHCA: 93 rushing yards; 12-for-23, 121 yards, 2 TDs in 28-14 win over Northwood Academy
• Collin Kaiser, HHIHS: 16-for-27, 375 yards, 6 TDs in 53-12 win over Ridgeland-Hardeeville
• Melvin Livermon, MRHS: 2 receptions, 94 yards, 89-yard TD in 28-27 loss to Manning
• Irvin Mulligan, WBECHS: 184 rushing yards, 2 TDs in 51-22 loss to Bluffton
• Jermaine Patterson, BLHS: 7 receptions, 164 yards, 4 TDs in 51-22 win over Whale Branch
• JR Patterson, THA: 307 rushing yards, 3 TDs in 42-20 win over John Paul II
• Sterling White, HHIHS: 8 receptions, 220 yards, 4 TDs; 84 rushing yards in 53-12 win over Ridgeland-Hardeeville
All content at LowcoSports.com is free because Lowcountry sports fans deserve great sports coverage, but it takes a lot of time and effort to provide comprehensive local sports news. If you love what we're doing and want to help keep this content available to Lowcountry sports fans at no charge, please consider making a one-time or recurring donation. Think of it as an optional subscription fee.