We didn’t have a full schedule in Week 3 with only seven games involving area teams, but that didn’t mean we had a lack of Player of the Week-worthy performances.
In fact, it was too tough to pick just one nominee from a couple of outstanding team efforts, so three teams are represented twice on this week’s list of nominees. We have six 100-yard rushers (three of them were 200-yard rushers) on the list, three players who hauled in two touchdown passes, and one who put up a season worth of defensive stats in one night.
We also have a new sponsor, so welcome to the first edition of the RBC Heritage High School Football Player of the Week voting. Good luck picking just one. Voting closes at 5 p.m. Wednesday. Share away!
RBC Heritage HSFB Player of the Week
Week 3 Nominees
• Cam Adams, MRHS: Rushed for 172 yards and a touchdown on 32 carries in a 22-6 win at Whale Branch
• Zack Doe, JP2: Racked up 153 rushing yards and 4 TDs in a 40-18 win at Palmetto Christian
• Melik Frost, JP2: Rushed for 100 yards and a TD and compiled 9 tackles, 3 tackles for loss and a sack on defense in 40-18 win at Palmetto Christian
• DeShawn Epps, BA: Racked up 300+ scrimmage yards and scored 2 TDs in 28-22 win at Patrick Henry
• Ahmad Green, MRHS: Rushed 18 times for 147 yards and 2 TD and passed for 54 yards in 22-6 win at Whale Branch
• Kyleik Middleton, BHS: Rolled up 275 rushing yards and 2 TDs in 41-21 win over Bluffton
• Jermaine Patterson, BLHS: Caught 11 passes for 179 yards and 2 TDs in three quarters before leaving with a serious neck injury in 41-21 loss at Beaufort High
• Reed Reichel, BHS: Caught two passes for 49 yards and 2 TDs in 41-21 win over Bluffton
• Tyreke Young, HHIHS: Collected 10 tackles, 6.5 sacks, 10 QB hurries, 2 pass break-ups, and 2 tackles for loss in 24-3 win over Battery Creek
• Ronald Zimmerman, RHHS: Caught three passes for 143 yards and 2 TDs in 20-12 win at Allendale-Fairfax