Hilton Head High’s girls tennis team will play in the Class 4A state championship match for the second time in three years.
The Seahawks went on the road to defeat Hartsville 4-2 on Wednesday, sending them to the state title match, where they will meet A.C. Flora on Saturday in a rematch of last year’s Lower State final.
The state championship is scheduled for 10 a.m. Saturday at Lexington County Tennis Complex. The Seahawks’ last state title came in 2012, when they won the last of six consecutive Class 3A crowns.
1. Larissa Berger (H) def. Emily Ruckno 7-6 (7-3), 6-2
2. Sydney Hall (HHI) def. Keisler Cottingham 6-2, 6-4
3. Chasity Robinson (H) def. Sierra Seabra 7-5, 6-3
4. Danielle Silvan (HHI) def. Emily Hudson 6-3, 6-1
5. Madeleine Pollitzer (HHI) def. Ina Marie Sullivan 6-1, 6-0.
2. Stella LeMehaute/ Katie Watts (HHI) def. Chloe Moore/ Kaylee Blair 6-1, 6-4.
All content at LowcoSports.com is free because Lowcountry sports fans deserve great sports coverage, but it takes a lot of time and effort to provide comprehensive local sports news. If you love what we're doing and want to help keep this content available to Lowcountry sports fans at no charge, please consider making a one-time donation or becoming a Patreon patron with a recurring contribution. Think of it as an optional subscription fee.