Hilton Head High’s girls tennis team is back in the Class 4A Lower State final for the third consecutive year after a 5-1 win over Myrtle Beach on Wednesday.
The Seahawks swept all five singles courts and lost a three-set marathon at No. 2 doubles, advancing to the Lower State championship match, which will be played Monday at Hartsville.
Hilton Head High lost to AC Flora in the Lower State final last year after reaching the state finals in 2016.
1. Emily Ruckno (HHH) def. Carrington Callihan 6-0, 6-4
2. Sydney Hall (HHH) def. Sarah Woodard 6-1, 4-6, 10-8
3. Sierra Seabra (HHH) def. Cassidy Friend 6-3, 6-2
4. Danielle Silvan (HHH) def. Carly Starnes 6-1, 7-5
5. Madeleine Pollitzer (HHH) def. Caroline Stokes 6-0, 6-0
2. Kinsey McGonigan/Ara McCauley (MB) def. Stella LeMehaute/Katie Watts 7-6, 5-7, 14-12
All content at LowcoSports.com is free because Lowcountry sports fans deserve great sports coverage, but it takes a lot of time and effort to provide comprehensive local sports news. If you love what we're doing and want to help keep this content available to Lowcountry sports fans at no charge, please consider making a one-time donation or becoming a Patreon patron with a recurring contribution. Think of it as an optional subscription fee.