Hilton Head High’s girls tennis team breezed through its first match in the Class 4A playoffs with a 6-0 win over visiting Wilson on Monday.
The Seahawks, who had a first-round bye, advance to host Myrtle Beach in the Lower State semifinals at 4 p.m. Wednesday.
Elsewhere in the Class 4A bracket, Beaufort High lost 5-1 at Hartsville.
1. Emily Ruckno def. Rebecca Liu 6-0, 6-0
2. Sydney Hall def. Valeria Echandy-Santiago 6-2, 6-2
3. Sierra Seabra def. Kamiri Carr-Hudson 6-0, 6-0
4. Danielle Silvan def. Brianna Mason 6-0, 6-0
5. Madeleine Pollitzer def. Alexis Hinson 6-0, 6-2
2. Stella LeMehaute/Katie Watts def. Alice Lee/Leeanna Wong 6-2, 6-3
All content at LowcoSports.com is free because Lowcountry sports fans deserve great sports coverage, but it takes a lot of time and effort to provide comprehensive local sports news. If you love what we're doing and want to help keep this content available to Lowcountry sports fans at no charge, please consider making a one-time donation or becoming a Patreon patron with a recurring contribution. Think of it as an optional subscription fee.