Hilton Head Prep will induct six student-athletes and two coaches into its Athletic Hall of Fame at a ceremony on Friday, Sept. 28.
The inductees include student-athletes:
• Patrick Andrews, baseball, Prep Class of 2011/Clemson University
• Kate Brunori, basketball, Prep Class of 2011/Villanova University
• Liz Buterbaugh, volleyball, Prep Class of 2012/Wofford College
• Andrew Hazel, cross country, Prep Class of 2006/Maryville College
• Matt Layman, football-basketball-baseball, Prep Class of 2011/Mars Hill College
• Niles Murphy, football, Prep Class of 2006/Dartmouth College
Being inducted along with the students are two long-time coaches:
• Bob Sulek, girls basketball
• Larry Tavino, boys soccer
“Induction into Prep’s Athletic Hall of Fame is a distinct honor,” said HHP Athletic Director Rich Basirico. “Not only do we recognize our students for their athletic achievements but also for their academics and character values. Each of these young people, along with our two coaches, continue to make all of us at Prep proud by what they have continued to do in their lives.”
Inductees will be introduced during halftime of Prep’s home football game on Friday, Sept. 28, and then will attend an induction ceremony in Prep’s field house following the game. Each inductee will be presented by a coach or mentor of their choosing. The event is free and open to the public. For more information, contact Bethany Wilkinson at 843-715-8508 or email@example.com.
All content at LowcoSports.com is free because Lowcountry sports fans deserve great sports coverage, but it takes a lot of time and effort to provide comprehensive local sports news. If you love what we're doing and want to help keep this content available to Lowcountry sports fans at no charge, please consider making a one-time donation or becoming a Patreon patron with a recurring contribution. Think of it as an optional subscription fee.