When I initially settled on 10 as the number of nominees for the weekly RBC Heritage High School Football Player of the Week, I thought I might have a hard time filling out the ballot with worthy candidates.
Boy, was I wrong.
Narrowing the list to 10 was a tough task again this week, with some strong performances failing to make the cut. On the list, you’ll find five 100-yard rushers, seven guys who scored at least two touchdowns, and three game-changing defensive players. You will not, however, find a quarterback, surprisingly.
Voting is open until 5 p.m. Wednesday, so cast your vote and share away. The Week 7 nominees are:
• Cam Adams, MRHS: 124 rushing yards, 2 total TDs in 24-14 loss at Bluffton
• Reid Daughtry, BHS: 8 tackles, 1 TFL, 3 sacks, fumble recovery in 56-3 win at Stall
• Zack Doe, JP2: 245 rushing yards, 3 TDs in 36-14 win at Carolina Academy
• Hunter Hopman, HHP: 64 rushing yards, TD; 53 receiving yards, TD in 61-31 loss at Bethesda
• I’Kiem Jefferson, BLHS: 83 scrimmage yards, 3 total TDs in 24-14 win vs. May River
• Jake Masters, THA: 80 receiving yards, TD; 70-yard INT-TD in 52-23 win vs. HHCA
• Kyleik Middleton, BHS: 121 rushing yards, 3 TDs in 56-3 win at Stall
• Irvin Mulligan, WBECHS: 121 rushing yards, 2 TDs in 20-14 OT win at Woodland
• JR Patterson, THA: 248 rushing yards, TD in 52-23 win vs. HHCA
• Jordan Reeves, WBECHS: 70-yard punt return TD, 8 tackles, forced fumble, 4 PBUs, INT in 20-14 OT win at Woodland