When I initially settled on 10 as the number of nominees for the weekly RBC Heritage High School Football Player of the Week, I thought I might have a hard time filling out the ballot with worthy candidates.
Boy, was I wrong.
Narrowing the list to 10 was a tough task again this week, with some strong performances failing to make the cut. On the list, you’ll find five 100-yard rushers, seven guys who scored at least two touchdowns, and three game-changing defensive players. You will not, however, find a quarterback, surprisingly.
Voting is open until 5 p.m. Wednesday, so cast your vote and share away. The Week 7 nominees are:
• Cam Adams, MRHS: 124 rushing yards, 2 total TDs in 24-14 loss at Bluffton
• Reid Daughtry, BHS: 8 tackles, 1 TFL, 3 sacks, fumble recovery in 56-3 win at Stall
• Zack Doe, JP2: 245 rushing yards, 3 TDs in 36-14 win at Carolina Academy
• Hunter Hopman, HHP: 64 rushing yards, TD; 53 receiving yards, TD in 61-31 loss at Bethesda
• I’Kiem Jefferson, BLHS: 83 scrimmage yards, 3 total TDs in 24-14 win vs. May River
• Jake Masters, THA: 80 receiving yards, TD; 70-yard INT-TD in 52-23 win vs. HHCA
• Kyleik Middleton, BHS: 121 rushing yards, 3 TDs in 56-3 win at Stall
• Irvin Mulligan, WBECHS: 121 rushing yards, 2 TDs in 20-14 OT win at Woodland
• JR Patterson, THA: 248 rushing yards, TD in 52-23 win vs. HHCA
• Jordan Reeves, WBECHS: 70-yard punt return TD, 8 tackles, forced fumble, 4 PBUs, INT in 20-14 OT win at Woodland
All content at LowcoSports.com is free because Lowcountry sports fans deserve great sports coverage, but it takes a lot of time and effort to provide comprehensive local sports news. If you love what we're doing and want to help keep this content available to Lowcountry sports fans at no charge, please consider making a one-time donation or becoming a Patreon patron with a recurring contribution. Think of it as an optional subscription fee.