Hilton Head High’s girls tennis team will get another crack at region champion Lucy Beckham after advancing to the Class 4A Lower State finals with a 5-1 win at West Florence on Thursday.
The Seahawks won four of the five singles matches, including a three-set thriller at No. 5. West Florence picked up its only win with a three-set victory at No. 3.
Hilton Head High will face Lucy Beckham, which handed the defending state champion Seahawks two regular-season losses, in the Lower State final Tuesday.
TENNIS COVERAGE SPONSORED BY
1. Emily Ruckno (HHI) def Kate Sansbury 6-2; 6-0
2. Hailey Poplin (HHI) def Riley Gunter 6-4; 6-3
3. Maggie Murrell (WF) def Sierra Seabra 3-6; 6-3 10-7
4. Danielle Silvan (HHI) def Kennedy Horne 6-1 ; 6-2
5. Madeleine Pollitzer (HHI) def Emily King 7-5; 5-7; 10-5
2. Julia Willey/Ariana Morales (HHI) def Emma Watford/Mattie Segars 6-2; 6-4