Hilton Head High girls tennis swept the season series from May River and secured second place in the Region 7-4A standings with a rain-shortened 5-0 win over the Sharks on Tuesday.
The Seahawks won each of the completed matches in straight sets, but the No. 2 singles match was cut short by rain.
The Seahawks play at Beaufort High on Thursday, while the Sharks travel to region-leading Lucy Beckham.
TENNIS COVERAGE SPONSORED BY
1. Emily Ruckno def Natalie Bassett 6-0; 6-5
2. Sierra Seabra vs Olivia Rose Besecker (DNF)
3. Danelle Silvan def Delaney Brown 6-0; 6-2
4. Hailey Poplin def Margaret Zendzian 6-0; 6-1
5. Madeline Pollitzer def Jaelynn Bassinger 6-3; 6-4
2. Julia Willey and Ariana Morales def G Saari and B Tarlton 7-5; 6-2