Hilton Head High girls tennis picked up a 6-0 win at May River on Tuesday in a clash of new Region 7-4A rivals.
The Seahawks won five of the six matches in straight sets to improve to 3-1 on the season. The most competitive match of the afternoon came on the No. 2 singles court, where Hilton Head High’s Sierra Seabra won a hard-fought decision over Olivia Rose Besecker, 6-4, 5-7, 10-8.
The Seahawks step out of region play for the first time Thursday, traveling to South Beach Racquet Club for a cross-island showdown with SCISA power Hilton Head Prep at 4 p.m. The Sharks (2-1) host Beaufort High at 4:45 p.m. Tuesday.
TENNIS COVERAGE SPONSORED BY
1. Emily Ruckno def, Natalie Bassett 6-2, 6-3
2. Sierra Seabra def. Olivia Rose Besecker 6-4, 5-7, 10-8
3. Danielle Silvan def. Delaney Brown 6-1, 6-1
4. Hailey Poplin def. Margaret Zendzian 6-2, 6-0
5. Gracie Fader def. Grace Saari 7-6, 6-1
2. Madeline Pollitzer/Katie Watts def. Jaelynn Basinger/Ellie Ford 6-1, 6-4