John Paul II girls tennis picked up its first win of the season with a convincing 7-1 victory at Beaufort Academy on Thursday.
The Golden Warriors claimed five of the six singles courts and swept the two completed doubles matches, while the No. 3 doubles contest was halted due to darkness after the match started late to avoid the excessive afternoon heat.
TENNIS COVERAGE SPONSORED BY
JPII (1-2) hosts Palmetto Christian at 4 p.m. Tuesday at Berkeley Hall. BA (0-2) hosts Hilton Head Christian Academy at 4:30 p.m. Tuesday.
1. Trice McClure (JP) def. Brycen Ambrose 6-0, 6-1
2. Ansleigh Pingree (BA) def. Samantha Reilly 3-6, 7-5, 1-0
3. Paige Weniger (JP) def. Emma Dillinger 6-4, 7-5
4. Madi Johnson (JP) def. Kate Luckey 6-0, 6-3
5. Charlotte Bauer (JP) def. Gigi Pingree 6-2, 6-0
6. K.C. Moton (JP) def. Addy Norris 7-6, 6-4
1. McClure/Reilly (JP) def. A. Pingree/B.Ambrose 8-1
2. Weniger/Johnson (JP) def. Dillinger/Luckey 6-3
3. Brie Suiter/Nathaly Hernandez (JP) vs. G.Pingree/Norris, suspended (darkness)