Hilton Head Prep girls tennis earned a measure of revenge and a split of the season series with a 6-3 win over Hilton Head High on Tuesday.
The Seahawks earned a 4-3 win in the first meeting, but the Dolphins were able to turn the tables Tuesday by winning the top four singles courts and the top two doubles courts.
The Dolphins (2-1) face Hilton Head Christian Academy at 4 p.m. Wednesday at Palmetto Dunes. The Seahawks (1-1) travel to Colleton County to open region play Thursday.
1. Sayda Hernandez (HHP) def. Emily Ruckno 6-1, 6-2
2. Savie Seebald (HHP) def. Sierra Seabra 6-1, 6-2
3. Maia Mureseanu (HHP) def. Danielle Silvan 7-5, 6-4
4. Lizzie Lofye (HHP) def. Sydney Hall 6-3, 6-3
5. Hailey Poplin (HHH) def. Lauren Harvey 6-3, 6-2
6. Katie Watts (HHH) def. Molly Rankin 6-1, 6-2
1. Hernandez/Seebald (HHP) def. Ruckno/Seabra 6-0, 6-3
2. Rankin/Lofye (HHP) def. Emma Moore/Madeleine Pollitzer 6-2, 6-2
3. Kourtny Kosto/Amelia York (HHH) def. Val Covington/Paige Sriubas 6-2, 6-4
All content at LowcoSports.com is free because Lowcountry sports fans deserve great sports coverage, but it takes a lot of time and effort to provide comprehensive local sports news. If you love what we're doing and want to help keep this content available to Lowcountry sports fans at no charge, please consider making a one-time donation or becoming a Patreon patron with a recurring contribution. Think of it as an optional subscription fee.