Hilton Head High’s girls tennis team had to settle for a runner-up finish Saturday, losing 5-1 to A.C. Flora in the Class 4A championship match at Lexington County Tennis Center.
The Seahawks’ only win came from Emily Ruckno, who rallied after dropping the first set for a win at No. 1 singles. The Falcons won the other four singles courts and claimed the doubles court to clinch the win.
The Seahawks finished the season with a 12-4 record.
1. Emily Ruckno (HH) def. Raquel Acco 1-6, 7-5, 10-8
2. Megan Pleasant (A) def. Sydney Hall 6-1, 6-1
3. Elise Sandlin (A) def. Sierra Seabra 6-1, 7-6 (5)
4. France Smith (A) def. Danielle Silvan 6-2, 6-4
5. Breland Gann (A) def. Madeleine Pollitzer 6-3, 1-6, 11-9
2. Siona Sturgeon/Caroline Coble (A) def. Stella LeMehaute/Katie Watts 6-1, 7-5
All content at LowcoSports.com is free because Lowcountry sports fans deserve great sports coverage, but it takes a lot of time and effort to provide comprehensive local sports news. If you love what we're doing and want to help keep this content available to Lowcountry sports fans at no charge, please consider making a one-time donation or becoming a Patreon patron with a recurring contribution. Think of it as an optional subscription fee.