We had a light slate of games in Week 8, but that didn’t stop area high school football players from putting up another round of eye-popping statistics.
The ballot for this week’s RBC Heritage Player of the Week voting includes a little bit of everything – dual-threat quarterbacks, ground-pounding running backs, defensive dynamos, and two-way standouts.
We’re running a little behind this week, so the voting will spill into Friday. Get your votes in by 9 a.m. ET on Friday, and we’ll put a bow on Week 8 and move on to Week 9.
Here are the nominees:
• MRHS DL Roderick Grant: 13 tackles, 4 TFL, 3 sacks in 30-7 win vs. Beaufort High
• MRHS QB Ahmad Green: 16 rushes, 123 yards, 2 TDs; 5-16 passing, 36 yards in 30-7 win vs. Beaufort High
• BCHS QB Jordan Gwyn: 4-8 passing, 94 yards, TD; 9 rushes, 25 rushing; 3 tackles, INT in 13-12 win vs. Ridgeland-Hardeeville
• HHP RB Hunter Hopman: 11 rushes, 109 yards, 2 TDs; 4 receptions, 42 yards, 2 TDs in 30-22 win vs. Dorchester Academy
• BA RB Ja’Sean Lawson: 10 rushes, 123 yards, 3 TDs in 60-6 win over Cathedral Academy
• HHP QB Stone McDonald: 10-17 passing, 176 yards, 2 TDs; 8 rushes, 63 yards in 30-22 win vs. Dorchester Academy
• MRHS RB Brandon Morales: 32 rushes, 198 yards, 2 TDs in 30-7 win vs. Beaufort High
• THA RB/DB Bobby Payne: 5 rushes, 196 yards, 3 TDs; 5 tackles in 40-0 win over Bethesda Academy
• THA RB Trey Pusha: 10 rushes, 96 yards, TD; 15-yard TD reception in 40-0 win over Bethesda Academy
• BCHS RB Gabriel Singleton: 12 rushes, 76 yards, TD; 2 tackles, TFL, PBU in 13-12 win vs. Ridgeland-Hardeeville
• BHS QB/DB Jeffrey Smyth: 11 tackles, TFL, PBU, FR; 3 rushes, 88 yards; 3-11 passing, 60 yards in 30-7 loss to May River
• BA WR/K William Tumlin: 5 receptions, 86 yards, TD; two 2-point conversion receptions; two kickoffs for touchbacks in 60-6 win over Cathedral Academy
Voting ends at 9 a.m. ET on Friday, Oct. 19
All content at LowcoSports.com is free because Lowcountry sports fans deserve great sports coverage, but it takes a lot of time and effort to provide comprehensive local sports news. If you love what we're doing and want to help keep this content available to Lowcountry sports fans at no charge, please consider making a one-time donation or becoming a Patreon patron with a recurring contribution. Think of it as an optional subscription fee.