May River tennis cruised to a 5-1 victory over visiting Beaufort Academy on Thursday.
The Sharks top five singles players earned straight set victories.
May River (4-1) is looking towards next week’s match against St. Andrew’s, which handed the Sharks their only loss so far.
“This time we’ll have a full lineup so we feel confident to avenge the match with a win,” Sharks coach Mark Sheaffer said.
BA (3-2) travels to Hilton Head Prep on Tuesday.
1. Liam Becker (MR) def. Daniel Richards (6-1, 6-0)
2. Dominic Rodriguez (MR) def. Jack McDougall (6-1, 6-1)
3. JP White (MR) def. Larry Lindsey (6-2, 6-4)
4. Kyle Polites (MR) def. Connor Aivaz (6-1, 6-1)
5. Benny O’Reilly (MR) def. Andrew Alicknavitch (6-3, 6-3)
2. Brandon Trapp/Preston Aivaz (BA) def. Darren Wegard/Tate Burns (7-6, 6-2)
All content at LowcoSports.com is free because Lowcountry sports fans deserve great sports coverage, but it takes a lot of time and effort to provide comprehensive local sports news. If you love what we're doing and want to help keep this content available to Lowcountry sports fans at no charge, please consider making a one-time donation or becoming a Patreon patron with a recurring contribution. Think of it as an optional subscription fee.