LowcoSports.com’s Justin Jarrett and Wes Kerr get you up to speed on all the latest local sports news from around the South Carolina Lowcountry and interview key figures in the local sports scene each week on the LowcoSports Lowdown podcast. This week’s show includes news of two high school football coaching changes in the Lowco, a recap of the fall National Signing Day, and updates from Class 4A state cross country and the Class 4A/5A state singles tennis tournament, as well as a recap of USCB’s playoff soccer game, and USC Salk’s start to the hoops season. Plus, Dave Adams reflects on his 40+ years coaching high school football in the Lowco in an excerpt from our Lowco Sitdown interview, which will be posted in full later this week.
- Intro/ check-in
- John Houpt steps down as Bluffton head coach
- Longtime Lowco football coach and AD Dave Adams announces retirement
- Nick Pringle commits to Alabama
- Fall signing day recap
- Arroyo, Shark girls, lead Lowco contingent at 4A cross country state championships
- Emily Ruckno earns second straight runner-up finish at 4A/5A state singles
- USCB soccer falls to St. Thomas in Sun Conference quarters
- USC Salk men’s, women’s basketball open seasons
- Dave Adams interview excerpt
- Teams of the Week
Some local sports content that is not sponsored is now available only to LowcoSports.com’s Patreon supporters. Pledge your monthly support here for as little as $1 per month to ensure you have access to all of our grassroots LOCAL sports coverage!